Our mission is to transform the lives of patients worldwide with revolutionary microbiome therapeutics.
Seres Therapeutics is creating a new class of medicines to treat diseases resulting from functional deficiencies in the microbiome, a condition known as dysbiosis
New insights into the human microbiome are fundamentally reshaping how we understand and treat a wide range of diseases, creating new possibilities for patients not served by current approaches. We are a clinical biopharmaceutical company with a powerful platform to discover and develop drugs to treat diseases in multiple areas of medicine that arise from dysbiosis.
We pinpoint functional differences between a healthy and dysbiotic microbiome, and rationally design potential Ecobiotic® drugs. These therapeutics are ecological compositions made up of beneficial organisms that are designed to target functional deficiencies and reestablish keystone features of a healthy microbiome. Our discovery efforts currently span metabolic, inflammatory, and infectious diseases.
- Founded: 2010 by Flagship Pioneering
- Location: Cambridge, MA
- Our Name: Seres is the plural noun of the word Sere, defined as the sequence of ecological communities that undergo succession
- CEO: Roger Pomerantz, M.D.
- Lead Program: SER-109 for the prevention of recurrent Clostridium difficile infection; designated Breakthrough Therapy by FDA
- Areas of focus: Infectious disease, inflammatory/immunology, and metabolic diseases